Saturday, March 12, 2011

Long time no update!


So it's been a couple plus weeks... I finally got my much needed vacation and married my sweetie while I was at it ;) I'm back this week and have NEW pics of Seamus for your viewing pleasure, as well as a bit of an update on his hooves.

Seamus' front hooves are firm and hardening up nicely and the abscess seems to be dry and healing. While I was gone, he stayed on the front wedge pads, but he's been off of them this week. He is still in pony prison (aka the stall) but he goes out in the barn area for a little while sometimes as long as he's good... which incidentally doesn't last long- he gets the wind up his butt and wants to take off bucking. He is feeling good and is not sore footed at all. Today he was turned out in the lane next to the large fields and got mad when the girls got brought in so he went tearing to the far end of it and then came tearing back! Obviously he came right in after that, but it proves that he is BACK :) And he is a gorgeous runner, btw... wish I had got the camera out for it but I was too busy yelling for his dumb butt to come back LOL

It got into the 60's today so we had a bit of a chance to do some grooming and wiping down, though I can't fully bathe the horses as the water is still way too cold out there at the barn. But he got a bit cleaner, better than he was. Cindy was out helping so she got him to stand up for some better-than-usual pics, but he's still a wiggly worm!



Here are BIG pics :)

Also, all Seamus' bloodwork came back normal, levels on everything are where they need to be. All this horse was lacking was food... imagine that. I am glad that we did them as I was a bit worried since it seemed to take forever for his energy levels to come up. They seem to be fine now judging by the show he put on in the lane today, though! He's been with me almost 11 weeks now, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment