Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taking chances

Today I took a chance and rode Seamus for the first time!

Seamus has stayed out since Sunday evening, only coming in to eat dinner and then he's been going back out in the front field with Uno, another TB gelding. I decided to keep him in tonight as we are expecting some cold rain with maybe a little snow mixed in *ick* What happened to spring??? I took a couple of photos of him in the barn area then brought him in to eat dinner and decided to back him in the stall again since I hadn't been able to work on his training at all over the last month due to his foot issue.

I got the rope reins and jumped on while he was eating, sitting up there the whole time since he is getting strong again and his back is much more filled out. He finished up eating so I asked him to circle the stall a couple times each way. Well, since he did what I wanted so nicely and stopped each time when asked, I then asked him to step up to the door with his head over so I could get to the latch to let us out. He took that just fine so I asked him to walk up and down the barn aisle a time or two... and that went so well I rode him outside and into the riding area! We took a couple meandering circuits around the riding area before he started to even get a little bit ancy with the whole deal. We stopped on a good note and my daughter managed to snap a couple of quick pics of us before the camera battery died. Seamus proves to me once again that he is a class act all the way!

12 weeks post-rescue

He rides!

No hard feelings :)

1 comment: